Vacation was an absolute blast. I sometimes just sat back and watched with a knowledge that God has blessed me in a very special way! We are not ever looking to have the best things in life we just look and try to be happy. I knew this year i wanted to go on a vacation and connect in a serious way with my family. I wasn't sure of how or where i just felt I needed to find the type of vacation that would match us. When Chad and I put our heads together this is the fun we have come up with.
We Rented a lake house for a week saterday to saterday. It was amazing it came with a boat, we were right on the lake I sat and drank my coffee every morning looking out to the lake. Chad fished every morning he could. one morning it rained :( but ya know thats the only time the weather stopped us and it was beautiful the rest of the time.
but let me back up when we first got to the house it was on a dirt road, that wound around. we pulled up and the house was just your average house, yet when you walked inside it was so comfy and cottaggy ( is that a word LOl) Jordan and sarah staked out their room right away, Audrey and Taylor had their own room and we had a room with a bathroom in it. which was a vacation in its self being that here i walk downstairs to use the bathroom at night :) We didn't even un pack and we jumped on the boat and took it for a ride around the lake there is 4 lakes that connect. it was just soooooo pretty
the rest of the time we were there we boated, the girls and chad fished, we swam, i drove a boat a boat for the first time i tubed for the first time. the girls all tubed even Audrey and Taylor but with daddy of course :) One of the days we went to into town and had lunch and played for awhile then took them to the movies we saw underdog :) all 6 of us saw this movie for just $15 ya can't do that here!!
there was these islands on the lakes that you could pull up to and jump off and swim or wade through the water which was perfect for us! The last day I attached the tube on the boat and floated around while getting a tan. Can't tell you how relaxing that was!
On thursday we went bowling because the weather called for rain could of spent the day on the lake being it never even rained but Oh my gosh I was laughing so hard while we all bowled I was a bit embarrased being we were the ones everyone was watching due to Taylor and audrey being so funny trying to bowl with these balls that they could barely even pick up. Jordan had never bowled either and she did great I was impressed. got some cute pictures that will keep the memories fresh. Wetaught the girls how to play 10,000 with dice they loved it. over all we were together as a family for a week basically no tv no outside world, no phones ( cells don't get good reception up there) and we survived not only did we survived we became a stronger family unit. We could never ever have made a better descion to do what we did. I don't regret the money that was spent, the time away form home nothing. I miss the house I miss the lake and I miss the closeness I had with my girls and my husband. yes it has made us stronger here but nothing compares to the week we had! Thank you God for blessing us!
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It sounds sooooo wonderful. The image of you kicking back with your coffee on the lake in the morning is awesome!
I am thrilled that you got to do this.
I also loved your statement about not wanting the best things in life...just happiness....that is the best thing a mommy can do for herself and her family!
Oh Sweetie i'm So glad your vacation was so great. You deserved that so much. And i'm So glad that you got to reconnect with your family. God had this Exact vacation in mind for you sweetie. HUGE HUGS!!
It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time! :)
awwwwhhhhh thanks
Post a Comment