SUCK!
Yesterday I made Tay a Pb and J for lunch Audrey was sleeping so I let her eat in the living room at her desk. Well, then we went out side and I was weeding, during this process Tay comes out we start getting attacked by ants, poor tay 2nd time in 2 weeks. Anyhow so that gets me off track and I begin to weed again then A wakes up so I then try to clean up the outside mess real quick so I can go up and get her I come into the house and Sarah had snuck up there and got her out of bed grrrr. I then start cleaning up the kitchen mind you never going into the living room...
then it happened Tay came out holding her plate with a look of terror on her face I said " OH NO! Did Audrey get the plate?" Yes mama was Tays response with the most sad eyes. I run out there Audrey is standing there looking at me licking her hands !!!!! I scoop her up and start smelling her to see if for real this is happening and low and behold she smells of peanut butter. CRAP! I start washing her off and wiping her mouth out, then I really start to notice her lips are turning purple and her skin is turning a weird color and she isn't laughing anymore :( I then gave her meds to combat this. PRAISE GOD it worked. I called Chad and told him what had gone on I felt that I needed to admit my huge mistake that I hadn't cleaned up after taylors lunch and if I were a better mom it would of never ever happened!
I kept her up from her nap till 3pm for fear she would go to sleep and not wake again. I just pray to go that this will go away I Pray that she will outgrow this allergy I will take a miracle From God cause I know that is what I am going to need for her...
Thursday, May 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
OMG! My sister is a teacher and a kid in her class has peanut allergies. He can't even be in the same room b/c of the oils travelling thru the air! There is no peanut products allowed in my sis's classroom or in the cafeteria when this kid has lunch. They have no peanut products in there house.
Is that the same with Audrey? Are there different levels of peanut allergies?
Oh wow! Thank goodness she's ok. Dont feel guilty ((hugs)) Accidents happen. Is this something the doctors think she will outgrow and how did you know she would be allergic to peanut butter? Does it run in your family?
No it doesn't run in our family at all!
I had to take her in when she was 6 months old to an allergist I had a gut feeling she was allergic to them from what I ate compared to her reflux after nursing, and her swollen mouth one day while I was eating nuts and nursing her.
the dr says that when she is 3 they will retest her. Thats where my prayers are going for that she will indeed out grow this horriable allergy
Jen yep there is different levels.
Oh Sweetie you are a Wonderful mom! Please don't beet yourself up so much. I'm sorry that she got ahold of the sandwich and I Thank God she's ok. Shelbie had a Peanut allergy as a baby too and Thankfully she outgrew it. I will be praying that Audrey does too. HUGE Hugs for you sweetie.
Shelly that is a great thing to know that she out grew it. I know that Prayer can make a difference I am counting on it matter of fact :)
I was wondering if there were different levels...then maybe she will out grow it {{crossing fingers}}
Post a Comment