Thursday, July 06, 2006

Our Raccoon

Last night, I kept hearing what I thought was a bag blowing in the wind, but it was so persistent that I got up to look only to see once again that darn raccoon feasting on my trash he opened our container and was digging through. When I called out to it he wasn't even fazed!! I then went down stairs opened the door to let one of my cats in, and the raccoon just looked at me with trash hanging out of his mouth!!! Needless to say I was intimidated by him so I only told him to go away which of course he didn't LOL so then I did the worse thing possible I gave him popcorn that I was going to throw away. Thinking at the time it would make him quit digging and spreading my trash, well the way it looks he used the popcorn as a dessert and my trash was his main course. I find these creatures fascinating in the sort of way, that most probably don't I would never want to harm him or make him leave. I Think its cool the way they look and the way they get around. around here we get only a small portion of wild life. Birds, squirrels, opossums, raccoons, bunnies, oh and how can I forget the skunks! I would love to live in a home where I could see things like deer and such. But I live in the "city" so i wont. Shoot if I lived in the country I may be afraid to go outside LOL

4 comments:

Shelly said...

yeah Coons are cute but Dang they get into just about Anything! Even Shut Coolers when we're camping! When you move to Arkansas *Hint! you can come out here to my house and see the Deer, We've had them in our yard for the last month. I guess they like our Grass
Oh and Big Foot too! I heard that there has been 3 Big foot sightings not to far from us. Wow! lol

Veggiemomx4 said...

LOL I know I am so going to regret that whole feeding of the popcorn. You can tell this coon is well fed brat from around here. I just wonder where he lives...????
hmmm shelly yes you are making a wonderful selling point to arkansas. I am just thinking though that the whole us being veggies might get us a look or three! LOL

Earthchild618 said...

I happen to love raccoons. I raised a bunch when I did my internship. Now with rabies here where I live, we can't do that anymore. They have to be euthanized and sent to the health dept. right way.

Just watch out for your kitties. They will attack them if they feel the kitty is too close to the babies.

Take pics of your cutie visitor!

Veggiemomx4 said...

ahhh how cool is that to raise racoons. I have seen our "friend" hiss a sparky once.
How sad about having to put them to sleep right away :(